The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Text Revision (DSM-5-TR), is the most comprehensive, current, and critical resource for clinical practice available to today’s mental health clinicians and researchers.
DSM-5-TR includes the fully revised text and references, updated diagnostic criteria and ICD-10-CM codes since DSM-5 was published in 2013.
It features a new disorder, Prolonged Grief Disorder, as well as codes for suicidal behavior available to all clinicians of any discipline without the requirement of any other diagnosis.
With contributions from over 200 subject matter experts, this updated volume boasts the most current text updates based on the scientific literature.
Now in four-color and with the ability to authenticate each printed copy, DSM-5-TR provides a cohesive, updated presentation of criteria, diagnostic codes, and text.
This latest volume offers a common language for clinicians involved in the diagnosis and study of mental disorders and facilitates an objective assessment of symptom presentations across a variety of clinical settings—inpatient, outpatient, partial hospital, consultation-liaison, clinical, private practice, and primary care.
Stay current with these important updates in DSM-5-TR:
• Fully revised text for each disorder with updated sections on associated features, prevalence, development and course, risk and prognostic factors, culture, diagnostic markers, suicide, differential diagnosis, and more.
• Addition of Prolonged Grief Disorder (PGD) to Section II—a new disorder for diagnosis.
• Over 70 modified criteria sets with helpful clarifications since publication of DSM-5.
• Fully updated Introduction and Use of the Manual to guide usage and provide context for important terminology.
• Considerations of the impact of racism and discrimination on mental disorders integrated into the text.
• New codes to flag and monitor suicidal behavior, available to all clinicians of any discipline and without the requirement of any other diagnosis.
• Fully updated ICD-10-CM codes implemented since 2013, including over 50 coding updates new to DSM-5-TR for substance intoxication and withdrawal and other disorders.
• Updated and redesigned Diagnostic Classification This manual is a valuable resource for other physicians and health professionals, including psychologists, counselors, nurses, and occupational and rehabilitation therapists, as well as social workers and forensic and legal specialists.
The new DSM-5-TR is the most definitive resource for the diagnosis and classification of mental disorders.
About the Author
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is the main professional organization of psychiatrists and trainee psychiatrists in the United States, and the largest psychiatric organization in the world. Its more than 37,000 members are involved in psychiatric practice, research, and academia representing a diverse population of patients in more than 100 countries. The association publishes various journals and pamphlets, as well as the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). The DSM codifies psychiatric conditions and is used mostly in the United States as a guide for diagnosing mental disorders.
- 30-Day Limited Warranty.
- 1-Year Limited Warranty ($4.99 charge – Purchased Separately).
- 30-Day Refund or Exchange.
Customer Questions & Answers :
Your e-book will be available to download immediately after placing your order!
These books are digital books in PDF formats and not physical books, which means you will be able to download the eBooks immediately after placing your order!
Yes, you can read the books on your Kindle.
Yes, you can open and read the books on your iPhone or iPad.
No, you can also place an order as a guest. But, there are some perks if you have an account with us:
- Access your downloads anytime you want.
- Quick checkout process.
- Easily view your order status and order history.
- Receive updates detailing our new releases and special promotions.
You can currently pay by credit card, PayPal or Apple Pay and Google Pay on our website. We do not accept bank checks, wire transfers or payments on receipt.