Lead the way to a safer tomorrow today. Get current with the latest in electrical installation requirements with the reorganized and updated NFPA 70®, National Electrical Code® (NEC®), 2020 edition.
The NEC is the authoritative document addressing electrical installations in residential, commercial, and industrial settings. The 2020 edition represents a significant revision to modernize the code to reflect the rapidly evolving electrical landscape. Stay up to date as you design, install, and inspect with current requirements for wiring, overcurrent protection, grounding, and equipment.
The code you know and use—revamped to keep pace with ever-evolving electrical hazards and challenges.
The new National Electrical Code is revised and expanded to stay in sync with industry practices, emerging trends, and the development and introduction of technologies. The document is completely reorganized for improved ease of use and features an expanded Article 100 that consolidates all the code’s defined terms in one place to help you quickly locate critical NEC content.
Whether you are working with Class 4 fault-managed circuits or electrical systems operating over 1000 volts ac/1500 volts dc, you need the 2020 edition of the NEC to help you stay compliant.
Changes include new, expanded, and revised content and provisions for:
- All electrical systems, including the use and approval of reconditioned equipment, level/flat standing surfaces within the required working space for electrical equipment, servicing and maintenance of equipment, and opened electrical equipment doors that impede access to or egress from required equipment workspace
- Residential electrical systems covering ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) for specific appliances, optional installation of receptacle outlets serving island and peninsular countertops and work surfaces, emergency disconnects of one- and two-family dwellings, the use of 10-ampere branch circuits, and an annex providing guidelines on the use of electrically powered medical equipment in homes and residential board and care occupancies
- Commercial/industrial electrical systems accounting for everything from GFCI for specific appliances and the use of “replacement panelboards” to arc-fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) protection of sleeping areas of public safety and first responder facilities, disconnecting means in sight of luminaires using double-ended lamps to include LED type, and other considerations
- Alternative energy systems and energy management addressing the interconnection of distributed on-site power supplies with electric utility supplies, the delineation between storage battery systems and emergency storage systems, commissioning energy storage systems (ESS), photovoltaic electric systems, emergency management systems, load calculations for outlets supplying electric vehicle supply equipment, and solar photovoltaic and wind power electric systems on floating structures and in offshore locations
- New articles and requirements for never before covered systems and equipment such as Class 4 fault-managed circuits, hazardous locations within commercial and industrial cannabis production facilities, equipotential bonding in and around areas with “splash pads,” insulated bus pipe/tubular covered conductors systems, flexible bus systems, germicidal irradiation lighting equipment, and more.
About the Author
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Quincy, Massachusetts. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) is a global self-funded nonprofit organization, established in 1896, devoted to eliminating death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. NFPA delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest in furthering our mission. Our mission is to help save lives and reduce loss with information, knowledge and passion.
- 30-Day Limited Warranty.
- 1-Year Limited Warranty ($4.99 charge – Purchased Separately).
- 30-Day Refund or Exchange.
Customer Questions & Answers :
Your e-book will be available to download immediately after placing your order!
These books are digital books in PDF formats and not physical books, which means you will be able to download the eBooks immediately after placing your order!
Yes, you can read the books on your Kindle.
Yes, you can open and read the books on your iPhone or iPad.
No, you can also place an order as a guest. But, there are some perks if you have an account with us:
- Access your downloads anytime you want.
- Quick checkout process.
- Easily view your order status and order history.
- Receive updates detailing our new releases and special promotions.
You can currently pay by credit card, PayPal or Apple Pay and Google Pay on our website. We do not accept bank checks, wire transfers or payments on receipt.